Bobb Says Yes recognizes Alzheimer Disease during the month of November.
Alzheimer Disease Facts (OSU Wexner Medical Center)
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia among older people.
- Dementia is a brain disorder causing deficits in memory and thinking abilities to such an extent that it impairs a person’s ability to carry out daily activities.
- Alzheimer’s disease begins slowly. It first involves the parts of the brain that control memory, visual skills and language.
- Alzheimer’s disease usually begins after age 60. The risk increases as you get older. Your risk is also higher if a family member has had the disease.
- The Memory Disorders Clinic at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, established in 1993, is one of Ohio’s most comprehensive centers for research, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for patients and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Strengths that distinguish us include:Assessment Expertise: We developed the cognitive assessment tool, SAGE, used nationwide to detect the early signs of cognitive disorders.Download our SAGE Test
Resources and Events
- Paint the Night Purple, (Alzheimer’s Association) will be held at Hollywood Casino Columbus on November 6th. To purchase tickets, please click here. For sponsorship informationclick here. For more information contact Matt Levering, (614) 442-2011,email@example.com
- 10 warning signs of Alzheimer’s
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Upcoming Seminars in Central Ohio
- FORMER OHIO STATE HEAD COACH EARLE BRUCE has done so much following his Ohio State coaching career to raise funds in the battle against Alzheimer’s disease.