Bobb Says Yes recognizes Hospice throughout November.
- Hospice is a special concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to cure-oriented treatments.
- Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death.
- Hospice staff and volunteers offer a specialized knowledge of medical care, including pain management.
- The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient’s last days by offering comfort and dignity.
- Hospice care is provided by a team-oriented group of specially trained professionals, volunteers and family members.
- Hospice addresses all symptoms of a disease, with a special emphasis on controlling a patient’s pain and discomfort.
- Hospice deals with the emotional, social and spiritual impact of the disease on the patient and the patient’s family and friends.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services to families before and after a patient’s death.
Central Ohio Resources
- Hospice Throughout Central Ohio
- Ohio Department of Aging PASSPORT Program
- Ohio’s PASSPORT Medicaid waiver program helps Medicaid-eligible older Ohioans get the long-term services and supports they need to stay in their homes.
- At OhioHealth Hospice, we provide trained professional care during the 13 months of bereavement after the loss of a loved one. Our grief program will support you through the grieving process in a way that encourages personal healing and growth.